Bumble Bee Bounce Challenge
Spar Lancashire School Games
Year 1 & 2 Challenge!
Linked to Learn! 10 – Bouncing
You have been busy practicing your bouncing. Are you ready to take part in our challenge?
Bumble Bee Bounce
How fast can you bounce a ball from flower to flower, landing on each flower and collecting your pollen?
You will need:
- Stopwatch or mobile phone
- 12 toys or household items to mark out your “flowers”
- Set up 3 areas out in your space with household objects, around 2 metres square each, these are your flowers and you are the Bouncing Bumble Bee.
- The Bumble Bee travels to each flower and collects the pollen and moves on.
- The timer starts, and the players sets off bouncing the ball towards the first “flower”. Stop when you get there and bounce the ball 5 times.
- Once done, move on to the next “flower” and repeat.
- Repeat again for the last flower then return to the beginning.
- The clock stops and make a note of the time. Try to beat your time on the next go.
- Don’t worry if you stop bouncing just pick the ball up and continue.
Share your videos and photos with us:
We want to see you trying this challenge at home, please share your videos and photos to:
Videos and photos posted on social media with the #LancsGames20 will be entered into a prize draw to win some Amazon vouchers! Please let us know which district you are from.