Spar Lancashire School Games
Learn! – Athletics: Jumping
Equipment: Plastic bottle, tins, socks, tea towel/towel
Aim: To choose two or three different jumps and put them together to travel as far as possible.
Task 1 – Jump the Stream:
From a starting point jump from 2 feet to 2 feet three times and mark how far you have jumped using piece of equipment. (This is the distance to beat in Task 2 & 3)
Point to help improve jumping 2 feet to 2 feet
- Start in the ski position with arms back behind you in preparation to jump.
- Swing arms forward and take off
- Land on both feet and bend knees
Task 2: From the same starting point jump from 2 feet to one foot (2-1), one foot to 2 feet (1-2) and 2 feet to 2 feet (2-2). Did you beat the distance from Task 1?
Task 3 – Thinking task:
Create a sequence of jumps and leaps to cross the stream
- Can you try jumping from 2-2, 2-1, 1-2, and 1-1?
- Which of the combinations you create gets you past the distance from Task 1?
- Record which combination of 2 or 3 jumps you created gets you the furthest distance.