Spar Lancashire School Games
Year 1 & 2 Move! Resource
The recommended amount of physical activity for children aged 5-18 is 60 minutes a day. It should be hard enough for us to get a little bit out of breath and a little bit sweaty!
Children and young people should aim to minimise the amount of time spent sitting and move more, when and where possible long periods of not moving should be broken up with physical activity.
Active Children are happier and healthier, an active child also learns better and sleeps better!
We understand that keeping your child active during the Covid-19 outbreak is challenging which is why we have put together a list of resources to help keep your child ‘Moving’:
Online Resources available:
- Disney Dance Along
- Go Noodle – A website that will help parents to get their child moving with short interactive activities
- Cosmic Kids – Yoga Through story tellin
- BBC Supermovers- Videos which help children move whilst they learn
- Boogie Beebies – Videos that get children up and dancing with Cbebbies presenters
- CBBC- Andy’s Wild Workout series
- Train Like a superhero
- Show your moves with the UK Move Crew
Other Suggested Games and Activities
- Put on a favourite song and dance along
- Go for a family walk or cycle (try to choose a time when it is quiet and remember to observe social distancing rules)
- Create a basic circuit of your favourite exercises
- Make up obstacle courses
Try the daily move activity in the Timetable!