Spar Lancashire School Games
Year 3-6 Move! Resource
The recommended amount of physical activity for children aged 5-18 is 60 minutes a day. It should be hard enough for us to get a little bit out of breath and a little bit sweaty!
Children and young people should aim to minimise the amount of time spent sitting and move more, when and where possible long periods of not moving should be broken up with physical activity.
Active Children are happier and healthier, an active child also learns better and sleeps better!
We understand that keeping your child active during the Covid-19 outbreak is challenging which is why we have put together a list of resources to help keep your child ‘Moving’:
Online Resources available:
Here you will find links to the following:
Also check out the following online resources:
- Imoves – Physical Activity and mental wellbeing resource
- Go Noodle – A website that will help parents to get their child moving with short interactive activities
- Just Dance YouTube Channel
- Youth Sport Trust – Active Breaks
- UK Active Kids Move Crew
Other Suggested Games and Activities
- Put on a favourite song and dance along
- Go for a family walk, run or cycle (try to choose a time when it is quiet and remember to observe social distancing rules)
- Create a basic circuit of your favourite exercises
- Make up an obstacle courses